One checkride down, another one to go. All my blogs titles lately have included an exclamation point. Everything that I have written have been important events. This one deserves two exclamation points but I will reserve that for when I complete my II (Instrument Instructor) checkride next Thursday. I'm scheduled with the same examiner that check me out for me MEI. Back to the books and flight training device (like a simulator, except it doesn't have any motion) for preparation.
For my aviation friends, I flew to Cable airport in Upland, CA to do my oral and practical with Steve Holmes. After at least an hour on the ground going over a few regs, aerodynamics, and a whole teaching on Vmc and "critical engine", we took to the skys. I performed several engine-out procedures, such as failing engine on the student in different points of departure and altitude. The Vmc and Drag demo went without any glitches. It was a good flight. However, there were terrible winds and it was bumping us all over the place--not the best condition to be "practicing" teaching. The winds didn't help my short field demonstration, but at least we got down and the examiner didn't frown. Besides all of the that it was the first time to land and fly out of Cable airport. Aviation Trivia: The airport is privately owned by the Cable family and it's one of the busiest uncontrollable airport that is privately owned.
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go brother! I'm excited for you. Look forward to hearing about all your adventures in aviation and hope to see you back in MN sometime soon. Things are going fine at the house. As I said before we've got a new guy named Dan moving in soon. Also, a friend of Art named Anthony is interested in your room. We can talk about that later. Wishing you abundant grace in all your endeavors.
-Charlie
Post a Comment