Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Checkride on Thursday...???

It seems like there might be a chance that I could finally do my checkride. It helps to have one scheduled with an examiner, but it has been so diffecult to do so. I am supposed to do it this Thursday, late morning. Let's hope that I have been studying the right material for this examiner. Every one has their own emphasis even though the requirements/standards are all the same. Tomorrow I am scheduled to fly in preparation. I haven't flown in over 10 days. Because the aircraft is so expensive to fly ($300 with instructor), I have to limit my time on it and just fly prior to the practical flight exam. Hopefully weather will be in my favor and the checkride will go unhindered by adverse or even minor conditions. The exam must be performed under Visual Flight Rules (VFR), basically few clouds and good visibility. As soon as I pass, I will be on to the next instructor upgrade--Instrument Instructor. It would be nice if it only takes a week, but as things are going I should plan on another month...bummer. I'm glad I picked Long Beach for the training though.

No comments: