Over a month ago I completed all my instructor upgrades ("add-on" in aviation terms). YEAH! I have been back doing construction temporary while I wait for a flight instructor job. I sent resumes to all the local airports but that showed no promises. I did apply with the school (ATP, Inc) with which I had finished my most recent training. The day that I applied I received a call and was offered a job training date. Another yeah!
So I'm scheduled to either head to California or Florida and don't know which way to go...weird. Actually, I would like to go to California and I will. This weekend I'm off to an interview in Bakersfield, CA with a company called International Flight Training Academy (IFTA). (IFTA/Bakersfield is about 2 hours north of L.A.) It's a flight school that primarily trains internationals from Japan or Italy and this is the company with which I would like to work. However, I already have a job training slot with ATP in Florida, but was able to postpone my start day. If everything goes well with my interview with IFTA, I will be headed there instead of Florida. So it's not so weird then that I don't know which way to go.
In either case I will gone for at least a year. And then after that I could still be gone for another year as I will be applying for jobs with the regional airlines. That the plans anyhow. That could change.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment