Wednesday, July 25, 2007

More Training, Higher Learning

So the intensity doesn't stop, partly because I'm so out of practice the "rust" factor adds to the load and everyday the standards are being raised for me. It's good 'cause I will be training future Airline captains. I need to demonstrate the highest and safest flying. They aren't expecting me to be perfect but they require that you don't make any mistakes. :0 A Bible verse from Hebrews keeps coming to mind, "endure discipline like a good son." (Andrew's paraphase) "The Lord disciplines those he loves." (Somewhere towards the end of Hebrews, too.) :) I can sense the love of the Father through this ordeal. Even if I don't pass the final check-out but keep myself dedicated to the training process, I know that I will have been obedient. I really do sense God's kindness to me during these days. I would rather not do what I'm doing but I know that it will help me to get where I know God wants me to be. It's been a very humbling process. I have already had to retrain on several flight maneuvers. My Flight Standards Instructor is very diffecult to please, and there is always at least 15 items that I need to correct. I know God is working something in me that is deeper than just the flight knowledge and experience as a better instructor. God can even use on-the-job flight training to put in-the-heart character.

No comments: