Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Joy of Flying???

I love to fly but not this kind of flying. Ahhhhhhh!!!!! The standards are huge. The precision flying that I'm expected to fly is good but I have gotten rusty over the last six years, having not flown consistently. I developed more "skills-corrosion" that I thought. I love to fly, but not like the Airlines! Everything is so rigid, systematic. But this is the way to create say Airline pilots and safe sky's. It fits. Say good-bye to the good 'ole days of jumping into the plane and heading over to another airport for the practice. (Actually, I never really had the luxury of doing that. Most of my flights over the years were training flights. But you get the point.) I trust that someday I will again get to enjoy flying for the pure joy and experience of flying.

Back to the books and chair flying. (Chair flying is sitting in a chair on the ground and visualizing procedures and maneuvers during a portion or your whole flight from take-off to touch down and taxi. At IFTA they call it "image flying." It's like having your own simulator, but it's all in your head. Hopefully, it doesn't just stay there and translates to the real plane.) :)

No comments: