Today's blog is my attempt to be a little counter-cultural and celebrate Christmas, actually on Christmas day AND FOLLOWING..for at least 12 days. I love that we get all the Christmas music on nearly every channel, but I am sad that as soon as the 26th comes around it seems that the festiveness of the season is darkened by the commercial slump. I want to decommercialize Christmas too so this is my feeble attempt to do so.
So I bring Christmas cheer to everyone. Keep up the celebrations, continue to give gifts small and great in the spirit of St. Nicholas, and regularly sing joyous songs as we remember the birth of the King of Kings--Jesus. Lets not let the commercialization of Christmas take things over. We know why we're celebrating so lets keep doing so.
Soon coming...reflections on 2009.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good point Andrew,
Grace and peace from Iceland!
Agust Olafsson
Post a Comment