<>This Sunday will be my last Sunday at Extreme Life.
It’s a sad week for me.
Extreme Life in its present form will also be ending.
I have invested over 4 years into it.
I never saw fulfilled that which I thought it was to become.
But then I only see dimly the things God has in store (1 Cor 13:12).
There is still a lot for which to be thankful.
The good news is that the friendships and ministry are not going away; it will just look different.
Not every organization is meant to exist forever.
The only one true Church is.
There are seasons and God often brings change.
I have much to be thankful for, being a part of starting a church that reached and also sent a number of people out to fulfill their dreams.
<>This Sunday will be a celebration of all that God allowed us to be for each other and do together at eXtreme Life (XL).
With my friends, we will mark the day with lot’s of stones of remembrance (see
Joshua 4:3-9).
And as one chapter ends, I trust that another will begin.
And in fact that is already in the works, but I won’t play a role in that, yet only to help in the transition.>
><>
This change came about for me as a result of one of my dreams, a longing to do more cross cultural ministry.
This has been my vision—my desire since I was a young kid.
I don’t know exactly what the next step is, but it seems that God wants me to prepare for it.
I am basically waiting for my next assignment.
In the meantime, I will probably prepare by spending more time in aviation, which has been on hold for a while.
><>
During this transition, I have been encouraged by a number of friends that have indicated my heart and gifting are towards cross cultural ministry.
I am thankful for this affirmation.
Making this change has not been easy for me.
I would have rather stuck it out and with God’s help bring XL to the next level, but it seems that God has some other plans.
I was to step back from leading XL and allow the church to decide what to do from there.
The church has done an excellent job of discerning.
For my future, I don’t know what it will look like, but I believe there are certain steps that I can take to still prepare.>
To my XL friends: thanks for the adventure in the past 4 years.
Let’s continue living large XL style—lovin’ Jesus and servin’ others.
No comments:
Post a Comment